November 01, 2009

Recipe of the week -- The Best Mexican Dip Ever!!


Okay, seriously it may not be the best ever in everyone's opinion, but it is in mine.

With the all the holiday entertaining coming up I thought I would share one of my favorite dip recipes. I normally serve this at buffet style parties and I rarely have any left over. In fact my kids and I have been known to make an entire meal out of this. It's great alongside the obligatory barbecue meatballs at any buffet/appetizer get-together.

Sorry I don't have any pics.

Best Mexican Dip Ever!!

1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 lb. Velveeta, cubed
1 can (15 oz.) cream-style corn
1 jar (12 oz.) salsa, pick your favorite
Tortilla Chips for serving

Mix all ingredients, except chips, in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart crockpot. Cover and cook on high 30-40 minutes or until cheese is melted; stir. Cover and turn on low setting until ready to serve, up to 4 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.

I have found that the best chips to serve this with are those Tostitos Scoops. Those awesome bowl shapes hold this really, really well. Oh man, now I'm hungry.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails