January 06, 2010

Busy, Busy, and Fiber Boys

I am so, so sorry to have neglected you these past few weeks. All I can say is time management...I need to learn it.

I hope to get back to the weekly recipes and fiber Wednesdays this weekend. I would have last weekend, but I had no internet for nearly 5 days. It was awful. It was worse than the caffeine withdrawal when I gave up Mt. Dew. (That of course lasted about as long as the internet blackout).

No excuses. I will get back on track.

On a totally different subject....

Yesterday was a fun day. We gained two more additions to the Lost Boy fiber herd. If you haven't heard of the Lost Boys, they are our herd of fiber animals. Most have been either rescued or re-purposed here (or rehomed I guess). These alpacas (we have both male and female) are non-breeders (either medically or by choice). They come here for many reasons. Some are not needed on their farms or don't fit the breeding program, some have medical issues that prevent them from breeding and others have simply been unwanted. We have worked with about a dozen farms in 4 different states to give these animals a new purpose in life.

They live a happy, lazy life here in return for their fiber once a year to be used in our new fiber studio (more on that in another blog post).

Anywho....give a big hello to Morgan and Mickey.

(Don't be fooled by the photos. It is very snowy here. I got these photos from their original owners)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails