April 22, 2010

Recipe - Bacon Ranch Potato Salad


I had a request today for my potato salad. I have several recipes, but this is by far my fave. I love using red potatoes and leaving the skin on because...I HATE PEELING POTATOES!!!

Sorry, that was a little much, but honestly, the only thing I don't like about cooking is the peeling. I either find someone else to do it or use red potatoes and leave the skin on. Besides, aren't they more nutritious with the skin on?

This is always a hit wherever I take it and I can't decide if it's better warm or cold. It's really good warm, right after it's made, but the flavors have time to blend well if it goes in the fridge. I guess I'll just have to eat it both ways. :o)


Bacon Ranch Potato Salad

2 1/4 lbs. red potatoes (about 8 med)
1/2 lb. sliced bacon, diced
1/2 cup chopped green onion
2 tsp. cider vinegar
1 tsp. celery seed
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup mayo

Directions

  1. Place potatoes in a dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tbls. of the drippings.
  3. Drain potatoes. When cool enough to handle, cut into cubes. Place in a large bowl. Add the onion, vinegar, celery seed, salt, pepper, bacon and reserved drippings; toss gently. Cool to room temperature. Fold in mayo. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails