May 18, 2010

4-H Recycled CD Case Project



Today is one of those days where I am struggling to get anything done. It's cold and rainy here again and it makes me want to curl up in the chair with a blanket and watch movies all day. The weather man is promising temperatures nearing the 80's very soon, but I won't hold my breath. Every time we seem to get close it gets damp and chilly again.

I thought I could at least share with you our fun little craft from 4-H last week. We had a great time as always and this month's craft was non-messy. I always love the glueless crafts!

This project was great because it was a "green" craft. It was made from CD cases that one of the families were just going to throw out. How cool is that!

The instructions we used can be found here.

Basically you took the CD cases apart and put them back together kind of backwards. They then snapped together to form a cube that we put cute decorative scrapbook paper in. Others were putting pictures and mini calendars in theirs, but I hadn't thought that far ahead.

The way these are made there is no bottom. You can't use them to carry things around, but they could hold things on a shelf or desk. They make such darn cute conversation pieces too.

They turned out really cute and even Nick enjoyed the project. In fact, I think I am going to have to make one filled with alpaca pictures and stick it on my desk.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails