August 02, 2010

Recipe of the week -- BLT Macaroni Salad



It seems I've had a theme going on lately of summer fun food. Go figure. ;) It's hot and who wants to slave over the stove for hours in this heat? Not me.

So in keeping with this summery theme, I am giving you my most often requested recipe for BLT Macaroni salad. Now I love this salad so much that I make it even in the winter, but it's the perfect summer recipe. It's even better now as the tomatoes are starting to come in. In fact we just enjoyed our very first fresh from the garden tomatoes the other day. Whohoo!!

I have to admit though that the summer is starting to wear me down. I am so ready for cooler temps, warm fuzzy socks and a HUGE pot of chili with fresh baked bread. I'll settle for the salad for now.


BLT Macaroni Salad

1/2 cup Miracle Whip
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
3 cups cooked elbow macaroni (or any other shape you might have in the cupboard)
1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
3 cups shredded lettuce
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add the macaroni, tomatoes and onions; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, add lettuce and bacon; toss to coat.


For more great recipes visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday and Tuesdays at the Table.

15 comments:

  1. Boy am I glad I followed you from Mingle MOnday! This looks fantastic!!! I'm def. gonna try it out sometime! I'm your newest follower!
    Come Visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this recipe. I am always looking for new pasta salad recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love BLT's and fresh from the garden tomatoes MAKE that sandwich. This pasta version sounds great! I've got all the ingredients on hand too☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! I am following you from Tasty Tuesdays!

    http://ourhappyhomeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I am following from Tuesday Tag Along.
    Have a great day!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - this sounds really good! Please, please, please let there be a ripe tomato hiding in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks yummy!
    Following from FMBF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOoh, it has to be good with bacon and Miracle Whip! ! YUM! I'm totally saving this!

    Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! That looks so good!
    And you're invited to Of Such is the Kingdom's first birthday blog bash! We're digging up old posts and giving out tons of prizes. Come on over!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I've had this before and its really yummy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I have a link to this recipe on my blog:
    http://thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com/2010/08/yummy-wednesday-84.html
    Thanks!
    Jennifer @ The Craft Barn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just made your recipe tonight and LOVED it! Thank you so much for sharing. I even posted about it on my blog and linked back to you.
    JanelleS
    http://financiallyfree4ever.blogspot.com/2010/08/awesome-blt-pasta-salad-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wobbling over. This looks oh-so-good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails