September 30, 2010

Crafty Friday 10/1 - Buttons

Happy Friday everyone!! Can you believe it's already October??? Where did September go?

This week I need your help. I was given a gallon size ziploc bag full of buttons. They are mostly red, green and white (kind of Christmasy) and various sizes.

What do I do with them????

I was thinking of making some gingerbread Christmas ornaments and sewing on some of the buttons, but what other projects can I use these buttons with? Do you have any ideas?

I don't really play with buttons much even in my sewing so I'm not sure what to do with all of these, but I'm hoping for a few projects the kids can make. I'd love for you to share ideas, suggests and even links to projects on the net if you can.
So what have you been up to this week?

Do you have something to share? Let us know what you’re working on this week! It can be photos of a project, instructions, recipes, or anything else you feel is "crafty". If you have something to share with us on your blog, add your link to the current week's party. Just please be sure to:
  1. Add the permalink to the specific blog post, not your general blog address in the Mister Linky form below (need help with finding the permalink? (click here to see a great post Darcy wrote on this!)
  2. Include in your blog entry a link back to the party post on this blog! so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is working on today and have an opportunity to contribute! You can use the code below to add the button to your posts or blog if you'd like.
  3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what makes a party fun!! You don't want to come to a party and have no one talk to you!!
  4. Let me know if you have any questions, problems or need help!

If you want to play along don't forget to grab a button to place at the top or bottom of your post to show you are participating in Crafty Fridays!
Simply copy the code below in the box and paste where you can edit the html in your blog post.

Home Sweet Farm





6 comments:

  1. I'm crazy for buttons and I put them on everything. Cards, tags, boxes, pillows, stockings, wall art, you name it. Glue, sew, nails through the button holes. I even layer smaller buttons over bigger buttons! You could make a button wreath ornament, just string on some wire and make a circle. OK I think I like buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use them in hair accessories and Halloween decorations at the moment. You can also stack them and make ornaments for in your Christmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a gingerbread house, one that you could keep from year to year. Instead of candy, decorate with buttons!

    Thanks for hosting. It's my first time linking.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just looking for some Christmassy buttons the other day! Lots of people use them to embelish their quilts - something I have yet to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from boost my blog friday
    have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can make a big Christmas tree out of cereal box carboard with the children. Paint it green and use the buttons to make ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails