December 02, 2010

A Return to Knitting

Wow, it's been a long time since I wrote about what I originally set up this blog for....our farm business. I write about the alpacas a bunch, but I've neglected the fiber and yarn side of what we do.

Our yarn business has really started to take off. Hardly a day goes by now without an order or inquiry.

Did you know that we do more than just alpaca yarn? We have an entire line of organic wool yarns and merino sock yarns, not to mention I now have original patterns for sale! Yes, that's right. Original patterns by me! Nothing too fancy yet, but they are cute little Christmas ornaments.

I don't think I've told you yet that all of this yarn has it's own Etsy shop. All of our alpaca handspun yarns, spinning fibers, dyes and spinning wheels are still in the Tomorrow Farm shop, but the "knitting" supplies (patterns, yarns and accessories) all have a new home at Real Life Knits.

I have been busy night and day dyeing yarn, taking pictures (not always the best {sigh}), adding product to both stores and still being mom. Yikes! That's a lot when I look at it.

After all this work I'm ready to return to knitting. I didn't do much over the summer, but with winter coming on I'm ready to sit and work on some personal knitting projects as well as some shop projects.

I even have a couple new patterns rolling around in my head that I'd like to see come to life. The first one being these fingerless mittens. I have one done, but I'm still not sure of the pattern so it's mate may not be a perfect match as I tweak it a bit. What do you think?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails